Die Break

A die break is deeper than a die crack is actually a wider die crack, can result in a part of the die falling out and when it is rim to rim it is called a CUD. A CUD can be retained as in the image below or that part of the die can fall out and fill in with planchet metal forming what looks like a was of CUD; see first image.